Pages

Monday, December 31, 2012

A New Story Idea

Hey! So I'm trying to write a story, and I'm working on some ideas. Here's a one-sentence summary of my story:
"A 15-year old girl, who abandoned her old life years ago, has to come to amends with her past in order to find out where she truly belongs."
Cool, huh? Here's a paragraph summary, though I'm bound to alter it later:
"Sylvia Hastings has abandoned her old life years ago. She no longer wants to be special; instead she has worked hard to start a new, ordinary life that she longs to keep. But she finds that no matter how hard she tries, the ties to her old life refuse to be severed. In the face of a crisis, she is left no choice than to return to the world she hates in order to save herself and everyone she cares for."
I think it's pretty good. Still working on the plot, but eh, I think it's great. At least, for an amateur writer like me. Leave your thoughts in the comments!

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! It'll be a miracle if I can actually finish this story by the end of 2013. :) But I'm gonna try!

      Delete
    2. lol :) It usually takes me forever to write a story. Probably has something to do with the fact that I am constantly in the middle of at least 20. Not exaggerating at all!!! I write way too many things at once. Fortunately, I am beginning to figure out how to keep a handle on my writing habits :)

      Delete
    3. I've never really been into writing that much, to be honest. I prefer reading. I just always lose interest, and never plan everything out before I start. So finishing this story would be awesome!

      Delete
    4. I plan almost nothing out at the beginning. It's different for everyone. For me, it's easier and more fun to go with the flow. And...I feel like I'm lording it over you, lol :) Writing is my thing. It can be hard to be surrounded by people who are passionate about something that's just a hobby to you. That's how I feel about swimming, music and a bunch of other things. Sometimes I even feel that way about acting, which is my number 2 big interest, unless you count reading, in which case it's probably 3 :) But you're actually pretty good at writing. I thought you did a really good job with Crystal! Gosh. I ramble a lot :P

      Delete
    5. If I don't plan out a good amount beforehand, I usually have no idea how I want the plot to be like or how to end it, and usually lose interest in it before I finish. So finishing a single story would be an amazing accomplishment! Yeah, I'm just trying to write more, cuz it's something I enjoy from time to time, but not at all as passionate about it as all of you. But I think I'm doing a decent job. :)

      Delete
    6. I rarely finish anything either, lol :) But I have the opposite problem; if I plan too much, I can get bored of trying to follow an exact plan that I've already spent too much time thinking about :)

      Delete